Log in to MyWashburn for the First Time
- Open a browser window. (It is best to open a MyWashburn session in a new window, leaving another window for browsing the Web.)
- In the address bar, type https://my.washburn.edu/
- If you do not have your account information, click the “Retrieve Account Information” link
- Locate the "Secure Access Login" section of the login page.
- Enter your User Name and Password.
- Click the Login button.
- Read the rules for naming passwords presented to you on the screen.
- Enter a new password twice in the boxes provided.
- Click the Save Changes button.
- Answer 5 of the 10 security questions following the rules on the screen
- Click the "Submit Setup" button.
Set your Timeout Option
By default, the system will log you out after 15 minutes of
inactivity. If you are accessing MyWashburn from a public lab setting,
this setting makes it less likely that someone will access your account
if you accidentally forget to log out.
- Select the "My Account" link on the upper left.
- Under the "Change Timeout" section, choose your new timeout setting
from the pull-down list. (If you are taking online courses using Angel,
it is important to increase your MyWashburn time out to at least 120
minutes in order to accommodate idle time that may occur when reading
- Click the "Save Changes" button at the bottom right of the screen
Review the MyWashburn Navigation Bar
The MyWashburn navigation bar remains on the screen as you navigate
through the various tabs in MyWashburn. What tabs you see and the
content on the tabs is determined by your "role." (Basic roles include
faculty, employee, and student.)
Students should review information about opting out of the printed
campus directory. This information is available on the Students tab of
Faculty/staff should review information published in the printed
campus directory and the online faculty/staff directory. This
information appears on the Employees tab of MyWashburn.
Customize your Content
MyWashburn provides the ability to customize the layout of the channels on each of the tabs.
- Select the "Content Layout" link in the upper left corner.
- Follow the directions provided to move, add or delete channels.
- Certain channels may not be moved or deleted due to the nature and importance of their content.
- Select the "Back to tab" link in the upper left when finished.
Do not forget to log out!
Use the Logout button at the top right of the screen to end your MyWashburn session.
Forget your password?
Use the "Forget Password?" link on the MyWashburn login page to retrieve your current password.