Name Change Procedure
Name changes affect everything from e-mail to online classes. If you legally change your name, you must notify Washburn University through the following procedures:
- Requesting the Name Change - If your name has legally changed, OR you believe your name is entered incorrectly in the administrative information system, bring a social security card reflecting the name change OR legal name change documents to the appropriate office:
- Current Student* (includes student workers) - University Registrar, MO 177, 670-1074
- New/Returning Student - Admissions, Bradbury Thompson Center, Forum Room, 670-1030
- Faculty - Academic Affairs, Bradbury Thompson Center 200, 670-1648
- Staff - Human Resources, MO 118, 670-1538
*A current student is a student enrolled in the current semester, a future semester, and/or the preceding non-summer semester.
- Confirm the Name Change - Within 48 hours of requesting a name change, expect e-mail in your old name’s MyWashburn e-mail account providing your new name’s MyWashburn username and e-mail address. Please make sure this information correctly reflects your name change. If not, reply to the e-mail and return to the designated office above for assistance. Note the activation date for your new account provided in the confirmation e-mail.
- Using Your New Account - On your new account activation date, the name on your account will be changed and you may begin to use the new account reflecting your name change. You will be able to use the same password.