User name and password will not work.
- Make sure you entered your username correctly in the format of first name period last name (eg. ichabod.washburn).
- Use the "Retrieve Account Information" form found below the login button on the MyWashburn login page to request that your password be reset.
- If you have not completed the enrollment process your account may not be created yet.
- Make sure you are using a compatible browser. Internet Explorer,
Firefox, and Safari up to the latest version are known to be working
browsers. You should see a list of supported browsers on the MyWashburn login page.
- There should be no special characters in your password.
I can get into my.washburn.edu but I cannot open the e-mail window or I cannot open the compose or reply window.
- Make sure your browser is a compatible browser.
- You can find out the version of your browser by going to "Help" > "About <browser name>".
- If you are on a Apple computer you may have to go to "File" > "About <browser name>".
- This about screen should tell you the name of the browser and the version number.
- If you are using Internet Explorer you may need to add washburn.edu to your trusted sites.
- You can do that by going to "Tools > Internet Options". Click on the Security tab.
- Select "Trusted Sites".
- Click on the "Sites..." button.
- Remove the check from "Require server verification from sites in this zone."
- Under "Add this site to the zone", type "*.washburn.edu".
- Then click "Ok".
- Click "Ok" again.
- You may have one or more popup blockers.
- If you are using Internet Explorer you can go to "Tools" > "Pop-up Blocker" > "Pop-up blocker settings".
- Under "Address of Web site to allow:" type in "washburn.edu".
- Try to open your e-mail again.
- If you have Firefox then try the following.
- Change the Pop-up blocker settings by going to "Tools" > "Options".
- Under the "Web Features" icon you should see "Block Popup Windows".
- Click on "Allow Sites". Under "Address of Web site:" type in "washburn.edu".
- Click the "Allow" button.
- Click "Ok".
- Click "Ok" again and the window should be closed.
- Try to open your e-mail again.
- If you are still not able to open the e-mail or compose a message
then you may have another pop-up blocker on the computer. You will need
to find out what the pop-up blocker is and consult your documentation on
it. The most common pop-up blockers are Yahoo toolbar, Google toolbar, and a pop-up blocker that comes with Norton or McAfee.
I get a blank page / "page not found" message when I try to go into Self Service or into my e-mail.
- Most likely you have a firewall in place that is preventing access
to the e-mail sections of MyWashburn. Your network administrator will
need to grant access to ports 8008 and 8009 (for e-mail).
I am looking at a message with attachments, they will not open when I click on them.
- Try changing your pop-up settings. Follow the instructions in the
previous question that pertain to your browser. Note: If you have Google
or Yahoo toolbars then you may need to disable the pop-up blockers.
- If changing the pop-up settings does not work then right click on
the attachment and select the "Save Link" or "Save Target As" option.
Save the file to your My Documents folder and then open them from your
My Documents folder instead of directly from the e-mail window.
I use AOL and cannot get into into MyWashburn e-mail.
- The AOL browser is not supported in MyWashburn. After you make your
connection to AOL you should minimize the AOL browser and use a
supported browser such as Internet Explorer which comes with Windows XP.
Please refer questions not addressed here to email@example.com.
back to E-mail channel