Celebrate 150 years of Washburn
Feb. 6, 2013 - Washburn Founders' Day
- Celebrate the founding of Washburn University
- Lincoln Lecture series, featuring Manisha Sinha, professor and graduate program director at the University of Massachusetts at Amherst. Sinha will speak on "Race and Equality in the Age of LIncoln" at 7 p.m. in the Washburn Room, Memorial Union
Ongoing until April 1 - Sesquicentennial Song Competition
- Compose lyrics for a song about Washburn
- Entries are due by April 1, 2013.
- A second phase of the competition, for the original musical composition, will be announced in September 2013
Completed events, 2012-13
Nov. 17, 2012
- Paint Washburn Art Auction featuring art created during the Art en Plein Aire event, which took place April 21, 2012.
- The auction is a cocktail event and is $50 per person to attend.
Oct. 26, 2012
- Celebrate 10 years of Lady Blues soccer.
the Lady Blues take on the University of Central Oklahoma Bronchos at 6
p.m. at Yager Stadium at Moore Bowl.
- Receive a
commemorative Washburn sesquicentennial soccer scarf while supplies last.
conjunction with Homecoming, more than 30 members of the Lady Blues
from the first 10 seasons are back in Topeka for a reunion.
Sept. 7, 2012
- Paint Washburn art exhibit opens at the Mulvane Art Museum with a
reception from 5-8 p.m. Many of the artists who have pieces on display
- The exhibit features works created during the Art en Plein Aire event, which took place April 21, 2012.
- The exhibit will remain on display until Nov. 15
August 20, 2012
Completed events, 2011-12
Aug. 18, 2011 - The four-year celebration kicked off
with unveiling of the Washburn 150 logo during celebration of Ichabod
Washburn's 213th birthday.
Aug. 22, 2011 - University Convocation
Feb. 6, 2012 - Founders' Day
Feb. 6, 2012 at 7 p.m. - Lincoln Lecture Series,
featuring Richard Norton Smith, a nationally recognized authority on the
American presidency and a familiar face to viewers of C-SPAN, as well
as “The NewsHour with Jim Lehrer,” with the presentation of “Lincoln and
Washburn University: Toward a New America,” in the Washburn Room,
Memorial Union, Washburn University. The lecture is free and open to the
April 16-June 18, 2012 - Discover Washburn Treasure Hunt
April 21, 2012 - Plein Aire Art Event - Paint Washburn.