- Applications may be submitted between September 1 – February 1 every year.
- There is a secondary application deadline of March 31, however, applications received by February 1st will be given priority.
- Applications must be mailed in a manila type package (no folding of application) (no stapling)
- No applications are held over year to year
- No applications will be returned to the applicant
Step 1: Washburn University Application
- Apply to Washburn University (see link on DMS Home Page)
- Acceptance into Washburn University does not guarantee acceptance into the Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program
- Transcript review may take a few weeks to complete
- All foreign transcripts must be evaluated by Education Credential Evaluators, Inc or World Education Services (see instructions in the International Student Admission section)
- Applicants MUST have their Washburn University WIN number and email before moving to step 2
- International Student Admission
Step 2: 2014-2015 Diagnostic Medical Sonography Application
- Download & follow directions included
If the applicant is eligible, further instructions will be given.
- A prospective student must meet the criteria laid out in “Program Admission Requirements”
- A prospective student must be deemed eligible by the Program Director
- A prospective student’s references, background check, and other application components must be deemed satisfactory by the Program Director and Clinical Coordinator
- There must be a signed Affiliation Agreement in place for the prospective student to ensure clinical placement