How to apply
Please follow theses steps to apply for Respiratory Therapy program:
- Apply to and be accepted into Washburn University if you are not currently enrolled at Washburn University.
- Apply to the Respiratory Therapy program by submitting a complete application packet by mail. Emailed or faxed application will not be accepted. Further instructions and complete admission criteria are provided in the application packet.
- Submit official transcripts directly to the RT program. A copy will be made and the original sent to Washburn Admission Office. If you are currently attending Washburn University, go to my.washburn.edu and print your transcript for admissions.
Submit your completed RT application, transcripts, and all other application materials to:
Rusty Taylor, M.Ed., RRT
1700 SW College Avenue
Topeka, KS 66621
Completed applications must be received by February 1 for the next fall semester. Secondary deadline is June 1. The program will continue accepting applications after June 1 if openings exist.
Acceptance to Washburn University does not constitute acceptance to the RT program.
Selection to the program is based on:
- Academic record (GPA and college level courses with a grade of "C" or better)
- Letter of intent
- Letters of recommendation
- Past work
- Volunteer experiences