How to apply
Eligibility for the Radiologic Technology (XR) program:
- Applicants must be a high school graduate, or equivalent, with a knowledge base in science and mathematics. It is recommended that biology, physics and communication courses be taken at either the high school or college level, as part of the educational preparation.
- Applicants must have completed a minimum of 12 college credit hours applicable to the Associate Degree prior to the stated application deadline (EN101, general education and/or college algebra).
- BI250 Intro to Anatomy (3 credits) or BI275 Human Anatomy (4 credits) prior to fall semester of entry. This course has a limitation of time; must be completed within 5 years prior to the fall semester of entry into the professional program.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.80 at the college level is required for application.
Please follow these steps to apply:
- Apply to Washburn University if you are not currently enrolled at Washburn University.
- Apply to the XR program by submitting a complete application packet containing all required documents by mail or hand delivered to the Allied Health Department. Individual documents randomly submitted will not be accepted. Emailed or faxed applications will not be accepted. Further instructions and admission criteria are provided in the application packet.
Submit the completed XR application to:
Allied Health Department
Benton Hall, Room 107
1700 SW College Avenue
Topeka, KS 66621
NOTE: You must first be accepted to Washburn University before applying to the XR program.
Completed applications must be received by February 1st for the next fall semester. Acceptance to Washburn University does not constitute acceptance to the XR program. Notification of application results is no later than March 15th.
Financial aid including loans, scholarships, grants and work-study is available for those who qualify. Available scholarships (partial list):
• Office of Financial Aid, Washburn University 785-670-1151 or www.washburn.edu; priority deadline of February 15th.
• School of Applied Studies http://www.washburn.edu/academics/college-schools/applied-studies/index.html; deadline is February 15th.
• Phil Sisk Scholarship through the School of Applied Studies
• Heartland Works www.heartlandworks.org
• Kansas Career Technical Workforce Grant, State of Kansas www.kansasregents.org/scholarships_and_grants
Atchison Hospital Observation/Shadowing Requirements
Observation/shadowing requirements are provided in the application packet.