Apply for scholarships for the School of Applied Studies (SAS) (.pdf)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: FEBRUARY 15th
SCHOOL OF APPLIED STUDIES ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Must be a declared major in a School of Applied Studies program or be admitted to a graduate program and maintain six credit hours per semester; new/incoming students must be planning to major in a SAS program.
- Must have a minimum GPA of 2.5 (specific scholarships may require higher GPAs).
- Both merit and need will be considered in recommending the award. Applicants will be considered for all SAS scholarships for which s/he is eligible.
- KATS students are not eligible for SAS scholarships.
- Submit completed application by February 15th.
SCHOOL OF APPLIED STUDIES SCHOLARHSIP APPLICATION ATTACHMENTS
- A resume, including the applicant’s employment, education, and professional activities, honors, recognition, community activities, services, honors/recognition, professional memberships, offices, services
- A narration of the events of circumstances which convinced the applicant to major in the particular area and the applicants long-range professional goals
- A statement of need, including disclosure of the financial assistance the applicant will be receiving during the term of the scholarship
- A copy of the student’s official & most current transcript(s) in a sealed envelope
SCHOOL OF APPLIED STUDIES SCHOLARHSIP PROCEDURES
- To assure consideration, a completed application form must be received in Benton 306 by February 15th for the next full academic year. Scholarships are awarded for a full academic year beginning with the fall semester.
- The SAS School Scholarship Committee will make recommendations to the SAS Dean.
- The names of scholarship recipients will be forwarded to the Financial Aid Office.
NOTE: See Financial Aid for more information about scholarships outside the School of Applied Studies.