Self-Care Bulletin Board
- July 22-24, 2014
- Sustaining the Courage to Teach & Lead: A Courage & Renewal Retreat for Educators
- A retreat to reflect upon your calling as an educator, align your personal values with your professional practice, and revitalize your heart, mind and spirit. Facilitated by Mary Kaye Siebert and Sharlene Cochran, in collaboration with the Center for Courage & Renewal
- Limited enrollment still available -- download the PDF flier with details and registration information by clicking on the retreat title above
- July 25, 2014
- Compassion Stress Management: Counterbalance the Intensity of Your Work (6 CEUs)
- Presented by Suzie DeVaughn, LMSW, of Self-Care Specialists, LLC; at the Doubletree by Hilton Hotel, Wichita KS, 9:00 am-4:00 pm
- Approved by BSRB for Social Work Continuing Education: CE Provider #13-003
- Please join us for an informative, fresh and progressive course that will benefit both you and your clients, while receiving continuing education! Compassion fatigue is a term that recently emerged to describe the overall feeling of emotional and physical fatigue that caregivers in the helping profession feel as a result of the continuous empathy accessed while treating clients who are suffering. The compassion that calls many social workers into the profession can also put them at risk of experiencing occupational related secondary trauma and/or burnout. Self-care has been identified, through research, as the best protection against experiencing the undesirable symptoms of caregiver stress. For a flyer or to register, click on the workshop title above.
We cannot guarantee that links will work all of the time
and we have no control over availability of linked pages.