Trauma Exposure: Compassion Fatigue vs. Compassion Satisfaction
- Accelerated Recovery Program
Eric Gentry, PhD Candidate
- Accelerated Recovery Program (ARP) for Compassion Fatigue
Gentry, Baranowsky & Dunning
- Burnout and Compassion Fatigue: Watch for the Signs
Dennis Portnoy, M.F.T. Reprinted from Health Progress, July-August 2011
Copyright © 2011 by The Catholic Health Association of the United States
- Compassion Fatigue: A Crucible of Transformation
Eric Gentry, PhD
- Compassion Fatigue a Growing Concern
Paul R. Pace, NASW News staff January 2014 Vol. 59, No. 1.
© 2014 National Association of Social Workers. All Rights Reserved.
NASW News articles may be copied for personal use, but proper notice of
copyright and credit to the NASW News must appear on all copies made.
This permission does not apply to reproduction for advertising,
promotion, resale, or other commercial purposes
- Compassion Fatigue: An Expert Interview with Charles R. Figley, MS, PhD
Charles R. Figley, MS, PhD. Medscape. October 17, 2005
- Compassion Fatigue Awareness Project
© 2013 Compassion Fatigue Awareness Project. All rights reserved.
- Compassion Fatigue Awareness Project on Facebook
- Compassion Fatigue Prevention and Resiliency: Professional Maturation
Eric Gentry, PhD
- Dealing with the Effects of Trauma -- A Self Help Guide
Source: US Dept of Health & Human Services,
Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration
- For the Professionals: Working with Trauma Survivors: What Workers Need to Know
Source: US Department of Veterans Affairs (April 24, 2014)
- NASW Social Work Care Share
Source: Kansas Chapter, National Association of Social Workers. We are a
membership organization promoting the practice and profession of Social Work.
You are invited to join! Please join online at www.socialworkers.org
- Practitioner's Poem
Nan Palmer, PhD, ACSW, 1989
- Recognizing and Responding to Ethical Blind-Spots in Self, Peers, and Supervisees
David Jensen, LSCSW, LCMFT, RPT (February 2015)
- Self-Care After Disasters
Source: US Department of Veterans Affairs (December 2012)
- Self-Care for Therapists
Source: North American Drama Therapy Association
- The New Social Worker
The social work careers magazine
- Training-as-Treatment: Effectiveness of the Certified Compassion Fatigue Specialist Training
Eric Gentry, PhD
- Transforming Compassion Fatigue into Compassion Satisfaction: Top 12 Self-Care Tips for Helpers
Françoise Mathieu, M.Ed., CCC, Compassion Fatigue Specialist
© WHP-Workshops for the Helping Professions, March 2007
- Vicarious Trauma: Care for the Caregiver
Dan L. Petersen, PhD
- What I Wish I Had Known: Burnout and Self-Care in Our Social Work Profession
© 2014 The New Social Worker®
When Compassion Hurts: Burnout, Vicarious Trauma and Secondary Trauma in Prenatal and Early Childhood Service Providers
Best Start Resource Centre. (2012). When Compassion Hurts:
Burnout, Vicarious Trauma and Secondary Trauma in Prenatal and
Early Childhood Service Providers. Toronto, Ontario, Canada: author.
→ Use of this Resource: The Best Start Resource Centre thanks you for
your interest in and support of our work. Best Start permits others to copy,
distribute or reference the work for non-commercial purposes on condition
that full credit is given. Because our resources are designed to support
local health promotion initiatives, we would appreciate knowing how this
resource has supported or been integrated into your work
5 tips to Avoid Caregiver Burnout: "Caring for an ill, injured or disabled Veteran"
© 2009-2012 Journeyworks Publishing
We cannot guarantee that links will work all of the time
and we have no control over availability of linked pages.