Student Learning Outcomes
Art majors at Washburn University, upon completion of their degree programs, are expected to:
- Demonstrate Technical Proficiency in the skillful use of art media, tools, processes, and technology.
- Demonstrate the ability to employ elements and principles of effective visual design to express content.
- Demonstrate cultural understanding and global citizenship through the knowledge of historic and contemporary artistic creation of diverse peoples.
- Use creative thinking as evidenced in the creation of original artworks or new interpretations of art’s meaning or role in society.
- Use critical thinking to clarify problems, evaluate ideas and forms, compare multiple solutions to make informed judgments and express conclusions through speaking and writing effectively about art.