Mass Media students at Washburn University, upon graduation, are expected to:
• Demonstrate knowledge of the historical development of media in American society.
• Demonstrate knowledge of the increasingly changing media environment in terms of technological, regulatory, economic, legal and societal trends.
• Locate, select, use, and evaluate information with the aim of communicating effectively with diverse audiences.
• Use technology to research, organize, and communicate information to various audiences.
• Critically evaluate questions, reflect on their meaning, compare multiple viewpoints and examine evidence to make an informed judgment.
• Contribute professional media projects to community organizations in the surrounding area.
• Have acquired the ability to conceptualize and carry out information campaigns that meet specific organizational needs.