BA-MA Standards of Achievemen
The Standards of Achievement are:
1. Prerequisite course grade requirements
- No more than one C can be earned in any of the following courses (at least two of these courses must be completed at Washburn):
- PY 150 Psychological Statistics
- PY 250 Experimental Psychology or PY 251 Research Methods in Psychology, and
- PY 231 Abnormal Psychology.
2. GPA requirements
- Overall GPA of 3.2 or higher. and
- GPA in last 60 hours of 3.5 or higher, and
- GPA across all Psychology courses of 3.5 or higher.
3. Research requirements
- Completion and presentation of a research project as part of the PY Major Capstone as demonstrated through the completion of PY390 Directed Research. Therefore, PY390 must be completed no later than Fall semesters to meet Jan. 15 application deadline. Applicants presenting their research at a time beyond the deadline for this application will still be considered for acceptance.
4. Faculty Recommendation requirements
- Unambiguous approval of at least three full-time Washburn Psychology faculty. Faculty member approval evidenced by a rating on item #9 of the Masters of Arts in Psychology “Recommendation Form” of “recommended” or “highly recommended”.
- GRE scores are not required of “in house” applicants.
Timelines for consideration for admission:
- Paperwork will be due from the student on January 15.
- The department will inform students of their acceptance by February 1.
- Students will be required to accept or decline the offer by March 15.