7+ reasons to attend Washburn University's M.A. Clinical program
With all of the graduate programs in Clinical Psychology out there, the graduate program at Washburn University is undoubtedly one of the best. What makes us so great? It is not just one thing that makes our program outstanding. There are 7+ things.
- Students begin interacting with clients in our clinic during their very 1st semester of training.
- Students receive training in empirically supported treatments, which is highly valued by employers.
- Students have a large number of internship sites to choose from for their off-campus clinical training. You are not responsible for finding your own internship. We guarantee you an internship.
- Students are immediately eligible for licensure in Kansas as a Temporary Licensed Master’s Level Psychologist (TLMLP) upon graduation.
- Our graduates work at many mental health facilities throughout Kansas. These sites often prefer to hire Washburn graduates because they are familiar with the excellent training that they receive.
- Students receive clinical supervision from the same faculty who teach their courses in our training clinic (WU Psychological Services Clinic). This creates a seamless connection between what is learned in coursework and expectations in clinical training experiences.
- Our students who choose to go on to a doctoral program report that WU’s MA program did an excellent job preparing them for their doctoral work.
Plus many, many more reasons. The 1-on-1 attention you will get in a challenging and inspiring environment will make you happy you were accepted into this program.
If you have questions, please feel free to contact us. We would love to hear from you!
Email us at email@example.com or call us at (785) 670-1564, whichever is best for you.
Thank you for considering the Washburn University Master of Arts in Psychology program with an emphasis in Clinical skills! We appreciate your consideration and wish you the best of luck!