Web sites linked by the JCVVS are those that have been determined by the Executive Committee to feature information valuable for professionals and students. Information provided by other web sites do not necessarily represent the JCVVS, the Executive Committee, or the Advisory Council. Recommendations for additional links may be made to Thomas Underwood, Executive Director.
- American Bar Association Commission on Domestic Violence
The ABA Commission on Domestic Violence provides information regarding domestic violence targeted to the law profession.
- American Prosecutors Research Institute
Offers publications in many areas with focus to prosecution professionals.
- Bureau of Justice Assistance, U.S. Department of Justice
BJA provides information and links to criminal justice-focused publications and other resources available from BJA and other agencies.
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
CDC provides information on a variety of topics related to disease prevention and control, environmental health, and health promotion and education.
- Child Welfare Information Gateway , U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
A service of the Children's Bureau, the Administration for Children and Families, and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, this web site provides access to information and resources to help protect children and strengthen families.
- Communities Against Violence Network
CAVNET has developed an international network of professionals and resources addressing victimization issues.
- Crimes Against Children Research Center
University of New Hampshire center providing research and statistics related to crimes against children.
- DateHookup - Acquaintance Rape
Information and links regarding acquaintance rape.
- Faith Trust Institute
Provides educational resources for clergy, lay leaders, seminary faculty, chaplains, policy makers of religious institutions, and community advocates on the faith aspects of sexual and domestic violence.
- Family Violence Prevention Fund
FVPF provides editorials, news, and links regarding violence against women and children.
- Forensic Nursing
Information regarding primary prevention of sexual violence.
- International Association of Chiefs of Police
IACP provides supports and resources regarding law enforcement, the justice system, and the community.
- International Police Executive Symposium
IPES focuses on international perspectives of law enforcement with recommended books and materials from IPES conference presentations.
- International Victimology Website
IVW is hosted by the Netherlands Ministry of Justice and disseminates information about current victimology research, promising practices, crime prevention, and abuse of power.
- Justice Research and Statistics Association
JRSA conducts and publishes policy-relevant research and justice issues.
- Mothers Against Drunk Driving
MADD provides resources and information that address their mission to stop drunk driving, support the victims of drunk driving, and prevent underage drinking.
- Murder Victims' Families for Reconciliation
MVRP provides editorials from homicide survivors and information oriented toward programs and policies that abolish the death penalty, reduce homicide, promote crime prevention and alternatives to violence, and address the needs of victims.
- National Association of Crime Victim Compensation Boards
Access to the "Crime Victim Compensation Quarterly" and other articles related to victim compensation.
- National Center on Domestic and Sexual Violence
NCDSV provides a wide range of publications targeted to domestic violence and sexual assault.
- National Center for Victims of Crime
NCVC provides information on a variety of crime victim related topics through its Get Help series, Stalking Resource Center, National Crime Victim Bar Association, and other site resources.
- National Consortium On Violence Research
NCOVR is a research and training center specializing in violence research. Abstracts of NCOVR sponsored research and listing of publications available.
- National Crime Prevention Council
NCPC provides crime prevention information related to a host of areas.
- National Criminal Justice Reference Service
NCJRS is a federally funded resource offering justice and substance abuse information.
- National Coalition Against Domestic Violence
NCADV provides information and recommended readings with a primary focus of personal and societal violence against all women and children.
- National Council of Juvenile and Family Court Judges
Council offers publications that address standards, practices and effectiveness of the juvenile court system.
- National Crime Victims Research and Treatment Center
NCVC, a division of the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at the Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston, South Carolina provides scientific research information regarding the impact of criminal victimization on adults, children, and their families.
- National Institute on Corrections, U.S. Department of Justice
NIC provides resources regarding corrections.
- National Institute of Justice, U.S. Department of Justice
NIJ is the research, development, and evaluation agency of the U.S. Department of Justice. Provides objective, independent, evidence-based knowledge and tools to address crime and justice issues.
- National Resource Center on Domestic Violence
NRCDV provides information on response to and prevention of domestic violence.
- National Sexual Violence Resource Center
NSVRC serving as a central clearinghouse for resources and research regarding sexual violence.
- National Victims' Rights Constitutional Amendment Network
NVCA provides educational materials to enhance victims' access to rights and services.
- Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention
OJJDP provides program and research information regarding juvenile delinquency and prevention.
- Office for Victims of Crime, U.S. Department of Justice
OVC supports information and resources on emerging victim issues, promising practices, policy development, and technical assistance and skill-building.
- Office on Violence Against Women, U.S. Department of Justice
OVW provides information and resources on victim issues related to violence against women as mandated by the Violence Against Women Act and subsequent legislation.
- Pandora Project
A program of the Trauma Foundation located at San Francisco General Hospital, provides information addressing the Pandora Effect, the long term medical consequences of violence.
A California-based resource with focus on children exposed to violence, child abuse, youth violence, school safety, hate crimes, domestic violence, elder abuse, community policing, high-tech crimes and other topics.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
SAMHSA provides resources and information regarding prevention, treatment, and rehabilitative services in order to reduce illness, death, disability, and cost to society resulting from substance abuse and mental illnesses.
- U.S. Justice Fund
An initiative of the Open Society Institute, the U.S. Justice Fund provides information that explores fair and equal treatment in all aspects of the U.S. criminal justice system.
- Victim Assistance Online
VA Online is an information, research and networking resource for victim assistance specialists, professionals in related disciplines and all interested in the field of victimology. Features and array of resources and links.