Desire2Learn Technical Tips
Here are a some tips to help you have a successful Desire2Learn experience this semester. If you have questions regarding this information please contact Online Education Support by emailing email@example.com anytime or by calling 785-670-2381 during regular business hours.
- Increase your MyWashburn Timeout Setting by logging in to your MyWashburn account and clicking on the My Account link in the upper left corner. Click on the "minutes" drop down under Change Timeout and select a new value. Select a time that is long enough for you to accomplish what you need to in your Desire2Learn course, yet short enough to expire your session in a reasonable amount of time if you forget to log out. In general, Online Education Support recommends 120 minutes if you regularly access your account on a public computer (labs, kiosks, libraries, etc.) and 480 minutes if you almost always access your account on a personal computer. Click the Save Changes button in the bottom right corner of the page when finished.
NOTE: We also recommend composing lengthy mail messages or discussion forum posts in an offline editor such as MS Word or Notepad before copying and pasting the text into Desire2Learn. Doing so helps prevent loss of work if timed out or disconnected.
- Your MyWashburn password should be made up of numbers and letters only. MyWashburn is linked to Desire2Learn and although MyWashburn allows for special characters, Desire2Learn does not. To change your password to one that includes only numbers and letters, access your MyWashburn account and click on the My Account link located in the upper left corner of the page. Enter in your current password, your new password, and then confirm your new password before clicking the 'Save Changes' button at the bottom right of the screen.
- Desire2Learn supports browsers
- Mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets
- Desire2Learn Faculty and Student training
If you have questions regarding this information please contact Online Education Support by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org anytime or by calling 785-670-2381 during regular business hours.