All applicants need to submit the following:
- International On-line Application for Admission
- USD$ 70 non-refundable application / processing fee. Payment options include: PayPal, money order, or bank check payable to Washburn University.
- iBT TOEFL or IELTS score report if applying for full admission. Go to English Proficiency Requirements for more details. Applicants with low or without iBT TOEFL/IELTS can be admitted into the Intensive English Program first.
- Original Financial supporting documents, such as a current bank statement
- Original transcripts. See Transcript Requirements for more details.
- Signed Signature Page (The page will automatically appear after you submit the online application.)
- Signed and Completed Financial Disclaimer Form
*All items that apply to an applicant must be received before the application can be processed.*
Visiting or Exchange Students
Please note: Visiting / Exchange students from Washburn's partnership schools. There may also be additional required documents to submit. Check with the international office of your school for details.
Washburn offers several Master's Degrees. Graduate program applications require an application to the graduate program and to the Office of International Programs. For more details regarding the graduate program application process, please contact the graduate department directly. In addition to the above documents, you will be expected to submit the following:
- GRE/GMAT (for MBA Program)/LSAT (for law) score, with minimum scores determined by individual departments.
- Two or three letters of recommendation depending on the program.
- English proficiency test scores (iBT TOEFL/IELTS).
- Evaluation of foreign transcripts by ECE (Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc.) or WES (World Education Services).
ESL (English as a Second Language) Students
If you are coming to study English only, you do not need to submit #3 or #5 as described above.
Transfer Students (from other schools located in the U.S.)
If you are transferring from another school in the U.S., you must also submit these documents:
- A copy of your current I-20 Form (pages 1 and 3) or DS-2019 Form.
- The Transfer Eligibility Form, completed by you and a current foreign student advisor.
- A copy of your current F-1 or J-1 visa, I-94 card, and passport I.D. page.
- Official transcripts sent by your current US university to Washburn.
I-20 Form and Mail Service
Once you are admitted, an I-20 Form and an acceptance packet will be sent to you by regular air mail. If you desire faster and more secure mail service, you may request US Postal Express Mail or Federal Express. Please include $50 for US Postal Express or $90 for FedEx or DHL service.
Fall (beginning mid-August) -- May 15 (if applying for on-campus housing)
Fall (beginning mid-August) -- June 15 (if NOT applying for on-campus housing)
Summer (beginning end of May) -- April 15
Spring (beginning mid-January) - October 15 (if applying for on-campus housing)
Spring (beginning mid-January) -- November 15 (if NOT applying for on-campus housing)
After you read and understand the information above and are ready to submit an application, you may apply online now.