International Student & Scholar Services

Transcript Requirements

High School Transcripts

Applicants must provide original high school transcripts with detailed address of the issuing school for verification. The transcripts must be sent to Washburn directly from the issuing school in the school's official envelope and stationary. In countries where original transcripts cannot be obtained, attested transcripts must be sent by the issuing school to the International Programs Office directly. No attested transcripts submitted by the student will be accepted.

University Transcripts/Transfer of Credits 

Courses taken at institutions outside the United States: College-level courses completed outside the United States and recorded on official transcripts will be evaluated for transfer credit, provided that the tertiary institution where the courses were taken is accredited by the Ministry of Education (or its equivalent) in that country. International transfer students who have completed college-level courses outside the United States may be requested to submit proof of accreditation by the Ministry of Education and/or provide an evaluation from an authorized international credential evaluation agency such as Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE) or World Education Services (WES).  For students who have completed a baccalaureate degree with a similar duration as a domestic baccalaureate degree from an accredited international institution, courses satisfactorily completed in the Arts and Humanities, Social Sciences, and Natural Sciences and Mathematics will be accepted towards credit in the appropriate general-education distribution area.  At least 60 hours required for the baccalaureate degree must be taken at a 4-year college or university.

The official, course-by-course evaluation report must be sent by ECE or WES to:

Office of International Programs
Washburn University
1700 S.W. College Ave.
Topeka, KS 66621

Official transcripts: The grades of university-level international courses will be listed on the Washburn University transcript as CR (grade of A,B, or C), P (grade of D), or NC (grade of F) and the grade point average earned in international college course transfer work will not be calculated in the cumulative GPA at Washburn University.

Transfer Credit: For international students presenting transfer credit from an international tertiary institution accredited by the Ministry of Education (or its equivalent) in that country, a minimum of 60 hours presented for graduation must be on a graded basis since Washburn converts grades earned in these transfer courses to CR, P and NC.

Approval of transfer credit to meet specific university and program requirements: For program requirements, please meet with your academic program advisor. To request approval of transfer credit to meet general education distribution requirements, a petition must be made to the Office of the Vice President for Academic Affairs. Click here for the General Education Transfer Course Petition Form.