Location and Driving Directions to Washburn Campus
- Washburn University is located at 1700 SW College Ave., Topeka, KS 66621.
- Go to http://www.washburn.edu/about/visit/maps-directions.html for driving directions.
Campus Map and Conference Site
- Conference registration and sessions will be in the Memorial Union, Washburn A Room.
- Lunch will be held there as well.
- Refer to the campus map for building locations. http://www.washburn.edu/about/files/campus-map.pdf
- Parking on campus is free.
- There is a parking lot located near the conference site, adjacent to the Bradbury Thompson Alumni Center.
- The Bradbury Thompson Alumni Center is located north of the Memorial Union.
- Refer to the campus map (link shown above) to view parking lot locations.
Registration, Check-in and Opening Session
- On-site Registration and Check-in to the conference will open at 8:00 a.m. in the Memorial Union Lobby.
- The Welcome and Opening Session is scheduled to begin at 9:00 a.m.
- You may also use our online registration form
- There is no conference dress code.
- This is not a formal event, so feel free to be casual and comfortable for the day.
- Our lunch menu will consist of an internationally themed buffet.
- Information forthcoming.
- Vegetarian/vegan options will be available.
- You must mark your selection on the registration form if you wish to have a vegetarian entrée.
- Please also note on the registration form under “Special Services/Needs” if you have food allergies/sensitivities that require an alternate menu selection other than what is offered.
- There are many overnight accommodations available with varying price points and amenities available in the area.
- Refunds are generally not allowed since most of the cost for the registration fee is consumed by non-recoupable expenses such as service fees and food orders that are confirmed and invoiced in advanced based upon anticipated attendance. Nonetheless, consideration may be given for partial refunds on a case-by-case petition basis if cancellation due to an emergency occurs prior to the start of the conference.