Each year the Leadership Institute awards Leadership Scholarships to students based on:
A record of academic achievement
Evidence of leadership initiative at school and in the community
Demonstrated social and communication skills
Total scholarship value ranges in amounts from $2,000 to $8,000.
1. Submit the following documents with a postmark on or before January 7, 2013 to:
Office of Admissions
Morgan 1141700 SW College Ave.
Topeka, KS 66621
Official high school and/or college transcripts sent directly from your school
ACT or SAT test scores sent directly from your school
2. Submit the following documents with a postmark on or before January 7, 2013 to:
1700 SW College Ave.
Topeka, KS 66621
Typed leadership essay
Three letters of recommendation (at least one letter must be from someone who has directly observed your leadership abilities and skills)
3. Finalists will be notified no later than January 26, 2013.
4. Participation in Interview Day on February 15, 2013 is required for all selected finalists.
5. Scholarship recipients will be announced no later than March 1, 2013.
Accepting a leadership scholarship commits a student to participate in Washburn's Leadership Institute, and is more than just an award-based scholarship. Annual renewal of a leadership scholarship is contingent upon maintaining a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, making appropriate annual progress toward the Leadership Minor or Leadership Studies Certificate, and meeting performance and program participation criteria as determined by the Institute Director. Eligibility requirements and scholarship responsibilities should be understood before applying for an award. These requirements and responsibilities are assessed and revised annually as appropriate. Please review the Leadership Scholarship Acceptance Form.