Agenda Item No.
Washburn University Board of Regents
SUBJECT: Change Orders Living Learning Center Project
The following change orders, which modify the contracts of the three prime contractors, are recommended.
General Contract McPherson Contractors, Inc.
1. Deduct for revisions to comply with plan review ($6,605.50)
2. Deduct for savings in equal but less costly roof deck ($10,000.00)
3. Add for removal of Carruth piers (approved by Board chair) $2,222.00
4. Add for change in wall construction of tower $4,887.25
Net Contract Change Deduct ($9,496.25)
No change in contract time Completion Date June 6, 2001
Mechanical Contract Piping Contractors
1. Add for revisions to comply with plan review $16,715.49
2. Deduct for dampers not required in review ($4,000.00)
3. Deduct for controls not required ($1,457.00)
4. Deduct for change in pipe sizing ($997.00)
Net Contract Change Add $10,261.49
Two days added to contract time Completion Date June 7, 2000
Electrical Contract Torgeson Electric
1. Add for revisions to comply with plan review $9,187.02
2. Deduct for damper controls not required in review ($1,200.00)
3. Add for grounding conductor required by code $2,711.73
Net Contract Change Add $10,698.75
No change in contract time Completion Date June 5, 2000
FINANCIAL IMPLICATIONS: Net increase in project cost of $11,463.99. Total commitment from contingency including this request is $68,451, leaving a $454,344 contingency balance.
RECOMMENDATION: President Farley recommends approval of the change orders by the Board of Regents.
(date) Jerry B. Farley, President