Agenda Item No._________
Washburn University Board of Regents
SUBJECT: Physiology Teaching Kit for Biology Department
Purchase of the following equipment for $26,795:
1. Six (6) iWorx AK/204 Animal Physiology Teaching Kits, with six (6) add-on PS/104 Human Physiology Kits to perform Psychophysiology Experiments
2. Six (6) SP-300 Spriometer with 300 liter reusable flow heads
3. Six (6) FT-325 Hand Dynamometer
4. Six (6) HSM-300 Heart sounds microphone with analog output
5. One (1) ISE 1000 Micro CO2 Electrode
The Director of Business Services requested confirmation from the Biology Department relative to the quality and usefulness of the iWorx equipment items versus comparable equipment from Powerlab quoted at $35,070. Paul Wagner, Assistant Professor, replied he had already used the iWorx equipment last spring, and found it to suit all of their needs.
It has been determined that the iWorx equipment represents the best value for the Biology Department.
$24,745 was approved for this purchase in FY00 and is budgeted in the Building and Construction Fund account 03-00304 (Tec 8). The remaining $2,050 is budgeted in account CD-500-00WWJ, Curriculum/Faculty Dev. Grant Award. The cost of $26,795 is within the approved budget.
President Farley recommends the Board of Regents approve the purchase from iWorx/CB Science, Inc. for $26,795.
(date) Jerry B. Farley, President