Agenda Item No. _______________
Washburn University Board of Regents
SUBJECT: Change Orders – Living Learning Center Project
DESCRIPTION: The following change orders, which modify the contract of one prime contractor, are recommended.
¨ General Contract – McPherson Contractors, Inc.
1. Additional access panels required in Stauffer Commons and additional handrail for the platform. Net increase: $2,281.00.
2. Additional removable bollards to protect the tower entrance and concrete bollards. Net increase: $2,317.00.
3. Changes to stainless steel pass through at dishwashing area. Net increase: $915.00.
4. Saw cut and demolish the stone screen wall and associated curb footing at the loading dock area. Adding 40 lf. of concrete sidewalk. Net increase: $4,988.00.
5. Deduct for fire extinguishers replaced earlier. Net decrease: $1,540.00.
6. Lower the catch basin – west wing LLC. Net increase: $934.00.
Net contract change: Increase: $9,895.00
No change contract completion
date for Bldgs. 1 and 2 - June 27, 2001
No change contract completion date
for Bldg. 3 - July 11, 2001
¨ Special Contract – Star Signs and Graphics, Inc. (Signage and Wayfinding Package):
1. Add two (2) code required “No Exit” signs at LLC. Net increase: $192.00.
2. Add one type “A1” sign at building 2, to read: “Assistant Director Apartment.” Net increase: $125.00.
3. Add one “Restrooms” sign, 3 ½” high alum. Letters, at opening to restroom vestibule in Stauffer Commons. Net increase: $252.00.
Net contract change: Increase: $569.00
FINANCIAL IMPLICATIONS: Net increase in project cost of $10,464.00. Total commitment from contingency including this request is $520,836, leaving a $1,689 contingency balance.
RECOMMENDATION: President Farley recommends approval of the change orders by the Board of Regents.
Date Jerry B. Farley, President