Agenda Item No. _______________
Washburn University Board of Regents
SUBJECT: Change Orders – Memorial Union
The following change orders, which modify the contracts of the contractors, are recommended.
¨ General Contract – McPherson Contractors, Inc.
1. PR-09, PCO-10: Change ceiling at upper level south hallways from new ceiling system with relocated M/E items to existing/modified grid and M/E with new tiles. Correction of amount from September amount submitted. Net decrease: ($71.00).
2. PR-06, PCO-14:Delete non-traditional student offices and provide open railings at new lobby platform (improved wayfinding for wheelchair users). Correction of amount from September amount submitted. Net decrease: ($27.00).
3. PR-12, PCO-17: Add drywall at existing uneven plaster (east) wall, patch existing north stair walls above removed ceiling for required 2-hour fire rating, and clean/paint existing exterior windows, main level north. Net increase: $10,952.00.
4. PR-14, PCO-18: Revise landscape planting materials (per beautification committee comments). Net increase: $566.00.
5. PR-18, PCO-21: Revise hardware at east and north stair doors on main and upper levels (to allow these levels to be locked, so students can have 24-hour access to the offices on the lower level). Net increase: $17,072.00.
6. PR-19, PCO-22: Hardware for exterior aluminum doors, not in original specifications. Net increase: $9,886.00.
7. PCO-24: Add 2 additional code-required backflow preventers at c-store equipment. Net increase: $464.00.
8. PR-21, PCO-25: At c-store, paint door to staff area and door to cooler to match adjacent wall surface. Net increase: $368.00.
9. PR-22, PCO-28: Furnish replacement return air grille at office #006, for installation by owner. Net increase: $295.00.
10. PR-23, PCO-29: Clean and furr out at moldy exterior wall of room 200. Request 5 additional days to contract for this work. Net increase: $1,723.00.
11. PR-26, PCO-30: Use fire-rated wood veneer for ballroom wood ribs (city required, pre-condition to approval of building permit). Net increase: $5,197.00.
12. PR-25, PCO-31: Deduct access doors at East Entry Tower HVAC units (utilize doors supplied with units). Net decrease: ($435.00).
13. Ballroom work could not commence until Stauffer Commons food court was open for business. Originally scheduled date for new food court opening and commencement of ballroom work: 08/01/01, actual date: 10/01/01, difference: 61 days. Request extension of contract completion date of 61 days.
Net contract change: Increase: $45,990.00
Add sixty-six (66) days to original
Completion date of December
24, 2001. New contract completion date - February 28, 2001
¨ Special Contract – Star Signs and Graphics, Inc. (Signage and Wayfinding Package):
1. Add swirl finish to decorative canopy brackets at c-store, iCard office, ballroom and bookstore entries. Net increase: $1,440.00.
Net contract change: Increase: $1,440.00
Net increase in project cost of $47,430.00. Total commitment from contingency including this request is $86,339, leaving a $293,314 contingency balance.
President Farley recommends approval of the change orders by the Board of Regents.
Date Jerry B. Farley, President