3rd Annual Washburn™ Market Daze
Wednesday, August 30, 2017
10:00 am - 2:00 pm
The Memorial Union is offering an incredible opportunity for vendors and student organizations to showcase their products or events to hundreds of Washburn University students, faculty, and staff.
From 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. (9:00 a.m.-10:00 a.m. set-up) on Wednesday, August 30, 2017, students and vendors can reserve a ten-by-ten space on the Union’s outdoor patio, along with a 6’x30’ table and 2 chairs from which to promote their products or events.
The Washburn™ Market Daze will be held on an uncovered portion of the north patio, vendors may bring their own tents by obtaining advance permission from the University Scheduling office.
Reservation and Costs
Reservations must be made by contacting the University Scheduling office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 785-670-1725 by August 30, 2017. You must receive confirmation from the University Scheduling office to ensure your space is reserved.
When making Washburn™ Market Daze reservations, please be prepared to provide your organization’s name, address, email, and phone contact information as well as the nature of your company or group and what you will be providing as a sample or giveaway.
Washburn™ Market Daze is a free event to the vendor as long as a product or service is provided to the attendees. Samples for 300 and marketing materials for 400 should be the minimum product provided.
Market Daze Policies
A signed event waiver must be received by the Scheduling department before August 30th, 2017.
- Vendors/Students must have a confirmed reservation with the University Scheduling office in order to table
- Waivers must be received before vendors/students are allowed to table
- Vendors must check in with University Scheduling before tabling
- On the event day, tables are available on a first come, first-serve basis. The Memorial Union reserves the right to move vendors to ensure distribution of concepts
- Tables are not to be moved
- Vendors/Students must stay within their space while promoting services
Prohibited Items and Services
- Housing vendors
- Credit Card vendors
- WU Logo materials that are not provided as a give-a-way
- Books and Textbooks
- Bars and Nightclubs or any Happy Hour specials
- Tobacco Products
- Any services deemed in direct competition with Memorial Union vendors by University Scheduling office
- Political campaigning
Prohibited Activities when Tabling
- Petitions cannot be signed or distributed during tabling
- Advertising for bars or alcohol is strictly prohibited
- Student groups shall not partner with any outside business when tabling unless there is a direct connection to the organization's mission and vision
- Music is prohibited with the exception of the patio stage area (entertainment provided by the Memorial Union)