Active Ichabod is a Student Recreation and Wellness Center incentive program designed to improve total wellness by rewarding participants for demonstrating healthy habits that contribute to a vital healthy lifestyle.
Active Ichabod Overview
Register to Be an Active Ichabod
- Obtain an activity sheet for the current month at the front desk of the SRWC.
- Registration forms are located on the back of the activity sheet and can be turned in at the submittal of the first activity sheet.
- Participants may enroll in the program at any time.
- Active Ichabod is an on-going program designed to reward participants who embrace healthy lifestyles for the long term.
- Active Ichabod recognizes all types of physical activity, not just "formal" exercise. This includes: cardiovascular activity, strength training, fitness classes, sports, and positive daily activity habits (including household chores).
American College of Sport Medicine and American Heart Association reports “All healthy adults aged18 to 65 need moderate-intensity aerobic physical activity for a minimum of 30 minutes five days per week, or vigorous activity for a minimum of 20 minutes three days a week. Because of the dose-response between physical activity and health, persons who wish to further improve their personal fitness, reduce their risk for chronic diseases and disabilities, or prevent unhealthy weight gain may benefit by exceeding the minimum recommended amounts of physical activity.”
Source: ACSM’s Guidelines for Exercise Testing and Prescription
American College of Sport Medicine. Eighth Edition.
- New Active Ichabod activity sheets can be obtained at the SRWC.
- 30 points can be earned each month.
- Points are awarded for demonstrating various lifestyle behaviors vital to living a healthy lifestyle.
- Maximum of one point per day.
Report Your Activity and Receive Points
- Record completed activities on the Active Ichabod activity sheet and submit it at the SRWC front desk by the last business day of each month.
- Participants not returning activity sheets for three consecutive months will need to re-enroll in order to continue being an Active Ichabod.
- Point accumulations will be forfeited after four consecutive months of inactivity within the Active Ichabod program.
Redeem Your Points
- Points are redeemable for a variety of great prizes! (List of prizes available in program overview above)
- You may choose to cash in often and receive several smaller prizes or you may choose to let your points ride and cash in when you have earned a more valuable prize.
- To redeem your points simply contact the SRWC Assistant Director, Fitness and Wellness.
- Prizes are available while supplies last.
- Prize availability and point values are subject to change.