version of a workshop
Presented by Barbara Clark (SoN) & Sara Tucker (CAS)
Supported by the CAS Dean's Office
(Site URL: http://www.washburn.edu/cas/history/stucker/AdvPPT.html)
PowerPoint Presentation Examples:
Note:I Didn't Know I Could Do That!: "How-to" Directions on PPT Tech
- these sample PowerPoint presentations are most reliably viewed in Internet Explorer 4.0 or higher, with Explorer 5.0 or higher strongly recommended. Netscape 4.78 seems to show them, but often without sound.
- Both shows contain animated bullets and other objects within slides, so be sure to either mouse click or use page down to see all that is contained in each slide.
- Tucker: PowerPoint Plain, PowerPoint Fancier
Introduction to what can be done with relatively simple PPT techniques. The show contains some sample very plain slides, followed by examples of slides showing more developed fonts, background colors and image frames; both simpler and more interactive bullets; sound files; Action buttons; and hyperlinks to outside websites.
- Clark: Advanced PowerPoint Technology DemonstrationPresentation Keyboard Shortcuts, Pedagogy Choices and Pitfalls:
Useful Shortcuts & Options During the Performance Toolbars & buttons: Make frequent tasks "one click" Making Action Buttons Making Printouts: Audience handouts & presenter's notesManaging PowerPoint: HTML, FTP, Zip, Speaker's Notes, etc Engaging Your Audience's Attention Major Online Worry: Copyright
- PowerPoint Online
- Putting PPT Online: What's involved with creating HTML versions of PPT, how to use WinZip to upload it quickly into WebCT, how to use WS-FTP to move it quickly to the open web (but also limits with current PPT open online viewing)
- Definitions & Short Download Info:
- WS-FTP LE: program that allows you to transfer files between your home (or other independent) computer and Washburn's server system. Thus lets you build PowerPoint at home on a stationary computer and transfer it quickly to a WU server for class showing. Find a hotlink from which you can Download it at http://www.washburn.edu/its/downloads/.
- WinZip: a program that lets you compress many files into one fast-tranferring bundle. Makes life much, much easier if you want to upload PowerPoint shows into WebCT. Download a trial evaluation copy of it at http://www.winzip.com/download.htm.