Applications are being accepted by Washburn University Human Resources for a Senior Administrative Assistant position that serves as Cashier at Washburn Institute of Technology (Washburn Tech). This position serves in the Washburn Tech Business Office. The incumbent works in concert with other Washburn Tech staff members and with staff in the University Business Office.
STUDENT CUSTOMER SERVICE
- Receives and receipts all payments made to Washburn Tech for student accounts made in person, by mail, telephone and the payment drop box.
- Responds to student inquiries regarding account balances, referring questions to others at Washburn Tech as appropriate to provide accurate, current information to students.
- Answers questions related to business office practices and student accounts via telephone, email and in person to ensure individuals understand processes, procedures and requirements related to their concern.
- Works with the University Business Office to source and receipt electronic fund transfers and create documentation needed for bank account reconciliation.
- Download, print and mail student tuition bills to encourage prompt payment of tuition obligations.
- Serving as cashier, receives and receipts payments for a variety of goods and services such as childcare, facility rental, work orders, and t-shirts.
- Counts, records and documents cash, checks and electronically transferred funds in the cash drawer at the end of each business day. Secures all funds in the safe according to established cash-handling practices.
- Using Banner, AceWare and Mitchell Automotive software, identifies and pulls account records for various Washburn Tech departments, and records all deposits in appropriate University accounts to support subsequent financial processing at Washburn Tech or Washburn University.
- Organizes and disburses checks, maintaining standards of verification for Wage and Hour, Student and Administrative payrolls as well as excess financial aid.
- Organizes information and creates and submits a daily summary of receipts to assist with preparation of the daily Deposit Summary and for use in bank account reconciliation.
- Works with teachers, members of student government and other groups to provide cash boxes for special events and sales. Reconciles and receipts funds received to document income and credit organizations/groups according to event purpose and standard practices and procedures.
- Creates, updates and maintains child care accounts; receives and receipts childcare payments from students, staff, the public and third party payees for charges; communicates with the Day Care manager on a regular basis to address and determine how to deal with issues relative to Child Care Receivables.
SPECIAL PROJECTS AND ASSIGNMENTS
- Works with the supervisor and other Washburn Tech and Washburn University employees on special projects as assigned such as online admissions and enrollment, student access to account information, etc., helping to identify best practices, communicate changes and assist staff and students with implementation.
- Cross-trains with other staff to provide back-up assistance as needed and assigned, learning and using software as needed.
- Serves on University and Washburn Tech committees, representing the interests of Washburn Tech or Business Office staff, assisting with special event planning and coordination.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED: High School diploma or GED. 2 years of experience providing administrative support, or completion of a course of study at the post-secondary level in Office Management/Support and 1 year of experience providing administrative support, or college degree and work experience in an office environment. Experience in cashiering and in dealing with a variety of people on a daily basis. Proven accuracy in cash handling and keyboarding. Ability to use computer, fax, copier, credit card machine, and to prioritize and multi-task successfully and maintain confidentiality. Willingness to learn new software.
PREFERRED: Experience in a bank and/or finance office environment. Experience using Banner and/or Microsoft Office software. Notary public certification.
Submit a completed Washburn University Employment Application to firstname.lastname@example.org or to Washburn University Human Resources, 263 Morgan Hall, 1700 SW College, Topeka, Kansas 66621. RESUMES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. Review of applications will begin November 25, 2013, and continue until a suitably qualified candidate has been identified. Entry rate is $11.39 per hour. Excellent fringe benefits package. Employment at Washburn University and Washburn Tech may be conditioned upon satisfactory completion of a background check.
TO ENRICH EDUCATION THROUGH DIVERSITY, WASHBURN UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. CANDIDATES FROM UNDER-REPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.