Washburn University Human Resources seeks candidates for an Advanced Systems Technology Teacher position at Washburn Institute of Technology (Washburn Tech). This position reports to the Associate Dean of Instruction at Washburn Tech. Work schedule is Monday through Friday from August 1 through the end of classes in May and may include evening and weekend hours according to need determined by enrollment. Employment at Washburn University and Washburn Tech may be conditioned upon satisfactory completion of a background check.
The incumbent will be expected to provide a positive role model for students and maintain a positive learning environment.
• Participate in curriculum development, organization, implementation, evaluation and modification for the program, adhering to state and/or national program specific standards for performance, measurement and competencies.
• Develop course objectives, content and lesson plans, using aligned curriculum (as available) and tasks, drawing upon knowledge and skill in computer software. Select and maintain appropriate materials, audiovisuals and equipment to enhance student education.
• Direct, guide and evaluate student performance.
• Maintain records of student progress; prepare and submit required reports in a timely manner.
• Advise and counsel program students regarding their progress toward program completion.
• Actively participate in professional organizations, attend seminars, conferences and workshops to enhance and improve instructional effectiveness and maintain an awareness of current issues and developments in the program field.
• Work with other teachers in the program to identify and recruit advisory committee members who can provide consultation and advice relative to the direction and development of the program.
• Develop and maintain working relationships and constructive interaction with other teachers and personnel of the school, cooperating agencies and community groups, and with program specific business and industry.
• Collect and provide documentation as directed to support reporting, program evaluation, etc.
• Participate in promotional activities designed to inform the public about training and education opportunities at Washburn Institute of Technology.
• Develop online modules for courses and offer courses in non-traditional formats and times, including nights weekends and summers.
• Perform all other functions as assigned.
REQUIRED: High School Diploma or GED. 2 years of full-time related work experience or 4000 hours’ part-time experience in Industrial Maintenance Technology. Ability to move and/or maneuver equipment and materials weighing as much as 50 pounds.
PREFERRED: Bachelor’s degree. 2 years of teaching experience at post-secondary level. Experience with mediated learning technologies and non-traditional delivery formats. Experience with any or all of the following: PLCs, motor control circuits, robotics, process control, mechanical power transfer, hydraulics, pneumatics and pumps.
Submit a letter of interest, resume, Resume Supplement for Washburn Institute of Technology Teaching Positions, copy of official college transcript(s), and names and phone numbers of three professional references to email@example.com or to Washburn University Human Resources, 263 Morgan Hall, 1700 SW College, Topeka, Kansas 66621. Review of resumes will begin June 18, 2012, and continue until a suitably qualified candidate has been identified. Salary is upper $30K to lower $40K, commensurate with qualifications. Excellent fringe benefits package.
TO ENRICH EDUCATION THROUGH DIVERSITY, WASHBURN UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. CANDIDATES FROM UNDER-REPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.