Vacancy - Assistant/Associate Professor of of Criminal Justice
(Recruitment Number 11230118)
Washburn University’s Department of Criminal Justice and Legal Studies invites applications for the position of Assistant or Associate Professor beginning August 1, 2018 or January 1, 2019. This criminal justice faculty position is a 9-month, tenure track appointment. Appointment at the rank of Associate would be contingent upon meeting the criteria posted in the Faculty Handbook: http://www.washburn.edu/faculty-staff/faculty-resources/faculty-handbook/faculty-handbook-section-3.html#
- Ph.D. in Criminal Justice or closely related field or a degree plan in place to complete such a doctoral degree by June 2019.
- Research or practice in law enforcement with the ability to teach crime scene and forensic investigation topics.
- University teaching experience in Criminal Justice.
- Instruction of 12 credit hours per semester, online and/or on campus, as assigned in the core criminal justice curriculum and concentration areas at the undergraduate and graduate levels. Teaching will occur on campus and/or online as assigned. Responsibilities also include academic advising to students, holding on-campus office hours at least 3 days per week, service (professional, community, and university) and scholarly productivity. Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Application review begins March 5, 2018 and continues until position is filled. Submit application letter, curriculum vita, transcripts, and contact information for 3 professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org School of Applied Studies, Washburn University, 1700 SW College Ave., Topeka, KS 66621, 785.670.2111. The successful candidate will be required to submit to a background check prior to hire. Washburn University is an EOE. www.washburn.edu