Vacancy - Assistant/Associate Professor of Human Services
(Recruitment Number 3450817)
Washburn University's Human Services Department invites applications for the position of Assistant or Associate Professor beginning August 1, 2018. This position is a 9 month, tenure-track appointment. Appointment at the rank of Associate Professor would be contingent upon meeting the criteria posted in the Washburn University Faculty Handbook: http://www.washburn.edu/faculty-staff/faculty-resources/faculty-handbook/faculty-handbook-section-3.html#
- Doctoral degree in Human Services or a closely related field (e.g. Psychology, Counseling, Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy, Human Development, Nursing, etc.); or a degree plan in place to complete such a doctoral degree by May of 2020.
- Has, or can obtain within one year (without additional coursework), a Master’s- or Doctoral-level license issued by the Kansas Behavioral Sciences Regulatory Board (e.g. LMAC, LCAC, LP, LMSW, LMFT, LPC, etc.)
- University teaching experience at the undergraduate or graduate level
- Instruction of 12 credit hours as assigned in the Human Services curriculum per semester. Such classes may be at the undergraduate level or at the graduate level. Teaching will occur on campus and/or online as assigned. Responsibilities also include academic advising to students, holding on-campus office hours at least 3 days per week, service (professional, community and university) and scholarly productivity. Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Application review will begin October 1, 2017 and continue until the position is filled.
- Send application letter specifically addressing all required and preferred qualifications, vita, transcripts, and names and contact information for three professional references to: email@example.com. The successful candidate will be required to submit to a background check and must submit official transcripts prior to hire. Washburn University is an EOE. www.washburn.edu