Vacancy - Assistant Professor Developmental Psychology
(Recruitment Number 1160514)
Washburn University's Department of Psychology invites applications for the position of Assistant Professor in Developmental Psychology beginning August, 2014. This position is a 9-month, tenure-track appointment as Assistant Professor. A completed doctorate is necessary for tenure-track appointment.
- Ph.D. in Developmental Psychology or related field; ABD applicants will be considered.
- Graduate training and a research program in Developmental Psychology.
- Evidence of excellence in teaching.
- Experience mentoring student research.
- 12-hour per semester teaching load which may include Intro, Developmental Psychology courses, Research Methods and/or Statistics and other undergraduate and graduate courses consistent with the candidate’s training and interests.
- Provide supervision of undergraduate and Master’s student research.
- Have an active research program in Developmental Psychology that can involve students.
- Engage in service activities in the department, university, and profession.
- Application review will begin June 6, 2014 and continue until the position is filled. Send cover letter, vita (including name/mailing and email addresses/phone numbers of 3 professional references), evidence of teaching effectiveness/promise, preprints/reprints, and copies of transcripts to Ms. Bonnie Paine at email@example.com (use developmental search in the subject line and do not send additional materials until requested). Only electronic application materials will be accepted. For questions, Dr. Linzi Gibson, Search Committee Chair, may be contacted at: firstname.lastname@example.org. The successful candidate will be required to submit to a background check prior to hire and to submit official transcripts. To enrich education through diversity, Washburn University is an EOE. Candidates from under-represented groups are encouraged to apply. http://www.washburn.edu