Vacancy - Nursing Faculty DNP Program
(Recruitment Number 10270218)
Washburn University seeks a dynamic Family Nurse Practitioner for a full-time, Assistant or Associate Professor, tenure track faculty position starting August 2018. Appointment to rank of Associate Professor would be contingent upon meeting the criteria posted in the Faculty Handbook: http://www.washburn.edu/faculty-staff/faculty-resources/faculty-handbook/faculty-handbook-section-3.html The successful candidate is expected to demonstrate a commitment to quality graduate education while supporting an active faculty practice and program of scholarship. Preference will be given to candidates with a minimum of a doctoral degree in nursing.
- National certification in population foci
- Licensed in Kansas as RN and APRN by August 1, 2018.
- Minimum two years current experience as a nurse practitioner in a primary care practice
- Experiencing in nursing education - teaching at the graduate level
- PhD or DNP
- Evidence of active scholarship related to research, teaching and/or clinical practice
- Experience with curriculum design, implementation and evaluation
- Experience with student advisement
- Current pattern of service to professional organizations
- Online teaching experience
- Instruction and oversight of DNP students (didactic, clinical and final DNP project)
- Evaluation of student performance in both didactic and clinical courses
- Student advisement
- Relevant course design, curricular updates, and curriculum assessment
- Mentoring faculty and students in a Scholarship Strategic Plan
- Service to the School and University
- Send application letter, resume/vita, copies of transcripts and name/addresses/phone numbers of 3 professional references to: Dr. Shirley Dinkel, Washburn University, 1700 SW. College Ave., Topeka, KS. 66621 (do not send additional materials until requested). Only complete applications and application materials will be accepted. For questions, Dr. Shirley Dinkel may be contacted at 785-670-1529 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application review will begin April 1, 2018 and continue until the position is filled.
- Salary commensurate with academic credentials and experience
- For further information about the School of Nursing, please visit http://www.washburn.edu/main/nursing/index.html
- The successful candidate will be required to submit to a background check prior to hire. Washburn University is an EOE. To enrich education through diversity, candidates from under-represented groups are encouraged to apply.