Vacancy - PMHNP Graduate Faculty
(Recruitment Number 2481117) Revised 11/20/17
Washburn University seeks a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner for a full-time, tenure track faculty position starting August 2018. The successful candidate is expected to demonstrate a commitment to quality graduate education while supporting an active faculty practice and program of scholarship. Preference will be given to candidates with a minimum of a doctoral degree in nursing.
- National certification in population foci
- Licensed in Kansas as RN and APRN by August 1, 2018.
- Minimum two years current experience as a nurse practitioner in a behavioral health care practice
- Experience in nursing education - teaching at the graduate level
- PhD or DNP
- Dual certification as a PMHNP and or FNP/PNP
- Evidence of active scholarship related to research, teaching and/or clinical practice
- Experience with curriculum design, implementation and evaluation
- Experience with student advisement
- Current pattern of service to professional organizations
- Online teaching experience
- Instruction and oversight of PMHNP students in the graduate programs (didactic and clinical).* Teaching will occur on campus and/or online as assigned.
- Relevant course design, curricular updates and curriculum assessment
- Active research, teaching and/or clinical practice scholarship
- Student advisement during student program of study and final DNP Project
- Mentoring faculty and students in a Scholarship Strategic Plan
- Evaluation of student performance in both didactic and clinical courses
- Service to the School and University (professional, community and university)
- Send application letter, resume/vita, copies of transcripts and name/addresses/phone numbers of 3 professional references to: NP Faculty Search Committee, Washburn University, 1700 SW. College Ave., Topeka, KS. 66621 (do not send additional materials until requested). Only complete applications and application materials will be accepted. For questions, Dr. Monica Scheibmeir may be contacted at 785-670-1526 or at email@example.com
- Application review will begin December 11, 2017 and continue until the position is filled.
- Salary commensurate with academic credentials and experience
- For further information about the School of Nursing, please visit http://www.washburn.edu/main/nursing/index.html
- The successful candidate will be required to submit to a background check prior to hire. Washburn University is an EOE. To enrich education through diversity, candidates from under-represented groups are encouraged to apply. www.washburn.edu
*Edited for clarity; was: Instruction and oversight of DNP students in the PMHNP tracks (didactic and clinical).