Vacancy - English Lecturer
(Recruitment Number 9520314)
Washburn University's Department of English invites applications for the position of Lecturer beginning August 2014. This position is a full-time 9-month, non-tenure track appointment as a Lecturer with possibility of renewal. Applicants must have MFA or PhD by date of hire.
- MFA or PhD in English; ABD applicants will be considered.
- Experience and demonstrated success in teaching a wide array of composition courses including first-year, advanced composition, and online.
- Experience and demonstrated success in teaching courses in creative non-fiction writing.
- Experience and demonstrated success in teaching courses in literature and fiction writing.
- As part of a four-course per semester teaching load, the position comprises teaching a variety of composition and general education courses.
- Some advising and mentoring of English majors.
- Application review will begin April 17, 2014 and continue until the position is filled. Send application letter, vita, statement of teaching philosophy, copies of transcripts and name/addresses/phone numbers of three references electronically to: English Lecturer Search Committee, Washburn University, Department of English, 1700 SW. College Ave., Topeka, KS. 66621, email@example.com (do not send additional materials until requested). Only electronic applications and application materials will be accepted. For questions, Dr. Wade may be contacted at: firstname.lastname@example.org. The successful candidate will be required to submit to a background check prior to hire. To enrich education through diversity, Washburn University is an EOE. Candidates from under-represented groups are encouraged to apply. www.washburn.edu.