Washburn Institute of Technology seeks applications from Registered Nurses to serve as part-time, temporary, day, evening, and weekend Certified Nurse Aid adjunct technical instructors at the Washburn Institute of Technology for the 2013 - 2014 school year. Employment at Washburn University and Washburn Institute of Technology may be conditioned upon satisfactory completion of a background check and/or pre-employment drug test. The new employee will be required to provide CPR certification, current health and immunization records including recent negative TB test results. These positions may develop into regular, benefit-eligible positions if circumstances warrant.
Adjunct Technical Instructors are expected to provide positive role models for students and maintain licensure and certifications necessary to teach Certified Nurse Aide classes. Instruction shall be based on current state-of-the-art practices in the field.
- Participate in the development, organization, implementation and evaluation of curriculum.
- Participate in developing standards for student admission, progression and program completion.
- Develop course objectives and content and laboratory experiences and implement the course of study in cooperation with other faculty.
- Teach both theoretical and clinical learning experiences.
- Select and maintain appropriate materials, audiovisuals and equipment to enhance student education.
- Direct, guide and evaluate student performance in the clinical and laboratory setting.
- Maintain a positive learning environment.
- Maintain student records pertaining to the program.
- Evaluate each course taught and performance in teaching.
- Assist in selection, recruitment, retention, evaluation, advising and counseling of program students.
- Submit recommendations related to budget and purchases.
- Actively participate in professional organizations and advisory committees. Attend seminars, conferences and workshops.
- Develop and maintain working relationships and constructive interaction with other faculty and personnel of the school, cooperating agencies and community groups.
- Serve as a member of committees as assigned.
- Perform all other functions necessary for the proper operation of assigned courses.
To apply for these positions, submit a letter of interest, resume, names and phone numbers of three professional references, college transcript(s), and copy of current nursing license to email@example.com or mail to Associate Dean of Instruction, Washburn Institute of Technology, 5724 SW Huntoon St, BLDG A, Topeka, KS 66604. Review of application materials is on-going. Salary is $550 per credit hour. Adjunct positions may be renewed for the 2014-2015 school term. Some positions may develop into regular, benefits-eligible positions if circumstances warrant.
TO ENRICH EDUCATION THROUGH DIVERSITY, WASHBURN UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. CANDIDATES FROM UNDER-REPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.