Washburn Institute of Technology seeks applications for a Technical Instructor – Mathematics for the 2015-2016 school year. The successful candidate will be required to submit to a background check prior to hire. This is a 10 month, full-time position with benefits.
The successful candidate will teach mathematics to enhance the skill level of students who are enrolled in technical programs or preparing to enroll in technical programs. The successful candidate will develop a learning lab approach to teaching mathematics at Washburn Tech. The incumbent will be expected to provide a positive role model for students and maintain a positive learning environment in performing the following duties:
• Participate in the development, organization, implementation and evaluation of curriculum for college level courses in mathematics.
• Select, develop and utilize appropriate materials, audiovisuals and equipment to enhance student education.
• Present developed curriculum to instruct students in traditional, online and learning lab settings.
• Direct, guide and evaluate student performance in the classroom and laboratory setting.
• Maintain records of student progress; prepare and submit required reports in a timely manner.
• Advise, counsel and support students regarding their progress toward program completion.
• Actively participate in professional organizations, attend seminars, conferences and workshops to enhance and improve instructional effectiveness and maintain an awareness of current issues and developments in the mathematics field.
• Develop and maintain positive working relationships and constructive interaction with other faculty and personnel of the school, cooperating agencies, students and community groups.
• Participate in promotional activities designed to inform the public about training and educational opportunities.
• Perform all other functions necessary for the proper operation of assigned work.
REQUIRED: Bachelor's degree or higher with at least 24 credits in Mathematics, experience in teaching college level mathematics classes with applied focus.
PREFERRED: Master’s Degree with at least 18 graduate credits in mathematics. Experience with teaching students in non-traditional settings.
To apply, submit a letter of interest, resume, names and phone numbers of three professional references, transcript(s), college transcript(s), and copy of current credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to the Associate Dean for Instruction, Washburn Institute of Technology, 5724 SW Huntoon St, Topeka, KS 66604. Review of résumés will begin August 3, 2015, and continue until position is filled. Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Excellent fringe benefits package. Washburn University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. To enrich education through diversity, candidates from under-represented groups are encouraged to apply. http://www.washburntech.edu