Vacancy - Voice Lecturer/Director of Opera
(Recruitment Number 9620514)
Washburn University’s Department of Music invites applications for the one-year position of Lecturer in Voice/Director of Opera beginning August 2014.
- Doctorate in Voice (ABD may be considered)
- Experience teaching voice at the collegiate level.
- Experience directing an opera program at the collegiate level.
- Experience maintaining a public profile as a performer.
- Soprano or Tenor
- Experience recruiting college students into voice studio.
- Teach Applied Voice and direct the opera program.
- Recruit students and maintain a public profile as a performer and teacher.
- May be asked to teach additional music courses as assigned to fit qualifications.
- Application review will begin May 16, 2014 and will continue until the position has been filled. Send application letter, vitae, copies of transcripts and name/addresses/phone numbers of a minimum of three references to One-Year Lecturer in Voice/Director of Opera Search Committee, Washburn University, Department of Music, 1700 SW College Ave., Topeka, KS, 66621. Do not send additional materials until requested. Candidates under consideration may be required to send a performance CD and/or DVD within one week of request. Only hard copy applications and application materials will be accepted. For questions, Dr. Hunt may be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org. The successful candidate will be required to submit to a background check prior to hire. To enrich education through diversity, Washburn University is an EOE. Candidates from under-represented groups are encouraged to apply. For more information about Washburn University and the Music department visit: www.washburn.edu.