Policies regarding the use of rooms in the Mabee Library reflect the Facilities Use Policy of Washburn University. The rooms listed below are available during the hours that the Library is open. None of these rooms listed below may be scheduled as regular class meeting places for an entire semester.
Information Literacy Suite (Room 206 B) is located on the Main Level of Mabee Library.
- The primary purpose of this classroom is to support library instruction and teaching. It may also be used by other Washburn faculty and staff for instruction that requires hands-on computer use.
- Faculty or staff who wish to schedule this classroom should contact the Public Services Librarian at ext. 1276. Faculty or staff must receive appropriate training in the use of the classroom's technology. Appointments for this training should be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance of anticipated use by contacting the Libraries Computer Technician at ext. 1480.
- Food and drink are not allowed in Room 206 B.
Multi-Purpose Room (Room 105) is located on the Lower Level of Mabee Library.
- This is a general meeting room which contains no computers.
- Faculty or staff who wish to schedule this multi-purpose room should contact the Public Services Librarian at ext. 1276.
iREAD lounge is located on the main level (southwest corner) of Mabee Library. This general meeting space may be arranged to accommodate groups of 40-50 individuals. A lectern with sound system may also be reserved for use in this area.
- Student groups, faculty, or staff who wish to schedule this common area should contact the Public Services Librarian at ext. 1276