University will launch a newly updated website, Washburn.edu, on Monday, May
21. The new website will engage stakeholders through the online presence and
will provide a new design and numerous new capabilities for telling the
Washburn story. Washburn will continue to improve and build upon the new design,
and much like Washburn itself, the website will evolve to meet the needs of
Washburn’s new website features:
• A consistent and professional design for all areas featuring new imagery. The Cascade Content Management System (CMS) provides a framework for managing the brand across the website, while allowing individuals to publish specialized content.
• Imagery and design developed by Barkley REI and jones huyett Partners.
• A new “Meet Our Faculty” area allows students to get to know more about the Washburn faculty reflecting Washburn’s commitment to student engagement with faculty taught courses and other faculty lead opportunities, such as service and research.
• The new interactive virtual tour gives insight into Washburn University and not only covers academics, but includes student activities, campus life, and athletics through an interactive map, pictures and videos.
• The Washburn story features videos, which speak to the quality, affordable education which Washburn offers.
• A number of new tools have been added to include a comprehensive calendar of events and news services from across campus.
• In addition, schools and departments can personalize the displayed news and events on their web pages which are relevant to their specific audience.
• The use of social media has been adopted to better promote campus programs and allow faculty, staff and students to share information with their friends and colleagues.
• With the growing use of mobile devices, Washburn employed a "responsive" design for the new website enabling the effective use of smart phones and tablets as well as laptop and desktop computers.
• The new design provides an enhanced navigation framework which is driven by published content so faculty and staff keep information fresh and the navigation stays in sync.
- 30 -
Hornberger, special assistant, president’s office, (785) 670-1213
Amanda Hughes, university relations, (785) 670-2153