Washburn University will celebrate Founders’ Day on Wednesday, Feb. 6. There will be specials available on campus, free cupcakes and Manisha Sinha, a script consultant, featured commentator and author, will speak about “Race and Equality in the Age of Lincoln” as the 2013 Lincoln Lecturer.
More details below:
11 a.m. Free cupcakes, while supplies last, main level, Memorial Union.
Deals of the Day
Union Market and Corner Store Deals
• 32 oz. fountain drink - $1.48 (excludes tax)
• Slice of Starbucks bread (Corner Store only) - $1.48 (excludes tax)
• Order of fries (Union Market only) - $1.48 (excludes tax)
• Ichabod Bling lapel pin - Reg. $9.99 on sale for $4.80
• 3x5 foot Washburn or Ichabod flag - Reg. $60 on sale for $48
• Men’s or women’s I-Bod polo - Reg. $18 on sale for $14.80
• 150th ornament - Reg. $24 on sale for $14.80
• “Autobiography of Ichabod Washburn” - Reg. $18.50 on sale for $14.80
• “Washburn University Employee Cookbook” - Reg. $9.99 on sale for $4.80
• Soda and regular sized candy bar - $1.48
• Barcharts (laminated study charts) - $1.48 off
• Free Washburn 150 Celebration window cling with any purchase (while supplies last)
• Free “I ♥ Bods” wristband with $48 purchase (valued at $5)
(Tax is not included in prices listed. Offers are good Wednesday, Feb. 6, 2013 and cannot be combined with other offers or coupons.)
Lincoln Lecture Series - featuring Manisha Sinha
7 p.m., Washburn Room, Memorial Union
The lecture is free and open to the public.
Recently, Sinha was a script consultant and featured commentator on the three-part program “The Abolitionists” part of the “American Experience” series on PBS. She is the author of “The Counterrevolution of Slavery: Politics and Ideology in Antebellum South Carolina” (University of North Carolina Press, 2000) and “To Live and Die in the Holy Cause: Abolition and the Origins of America’s Interracial Democracy” (forthcoming, Yale University Press).
Celebrate Washburn 150 - “Like” Washburn 150
Visit Facebook and “Like” the Washburn 150 page. One lucky person, who has liked the Washburn 150 page by Friday, Feb. 8, will receive a 150th prize pack which includes a $25 gift certificate to the Ichabod Shop.
Contact: Amanda Hughes, university relations, 785-670-2153
- 30 -