The help phones are a direct link to the Washburn University Police Department Communications Center. The help phones are attached to stainless steel poles that are marked with red reflective lettering stating “Emergency” and a blue light.
To activate the emergency phone push the red call button. The blue emergency light and a white strobe light will activate. The Washburn communications specialist will answer the call and get assistance started toward the emergency.
The emergency phones should be used to get immediate assistance in an emergency. They may also be used for assistance of any kind when access to buildings is limited.
Help phones are located at the following locations (map of campus)
Northeast of Morgan Hall by K-zone parking lot
• East of Petro Center by the SE entrance
• South of Stoffer at the west end of the parking lot
• West of KTWU
• Southwest of the Garvey Fine Arts Center
• North of the Law School
• Northeast of Mabee Library
• Northwest of Benton Hall
• Northesast corner of 19th & Jewell by Henderson
• North of 21st & Jewell, South entrance to Washburn Village
• South of Student Recreation and Wellness Center
• Southwest of Kuehne Hall