The purpose of the Mabee Library Art Exhibits is to display artwork by students enrolled for credit in Washburn University art classes.
- Students currently enrolled for credit in one or more art classes at Washburn University may submit their artwork for display in Mabee Library.
- The Chair of the Art Department or other art professionals as assigned by the Chair will select the artwork for display.
- The Chair of the Art Department will determine the display schedule of the students' artwork.
- The student is responsible for the installation and removal of the exhibit. Nail holes and other marks or damages made to walls and/or display cases must be repaired upon removal of the exhibit.
- Neither Washburn University, nor Mabee Library will engage in promotional activity related or pertaining to the display of any artwork in an exhibit.
- In consideration of having the students' artwork displayed, students must sign a waiver releasing the University, its officers, agents and employees from any loss, damage or claim arising from the display of the artwork.
- Artwork that is not reclaimed within ten days of the end of the exhibit will be disposed of as deemed appropriate by the Chair of the Art Department.
Mabee Library will not insure displays or exhibits. Although reasonable precautions will be taken to protect materials, the student assumes the risk of loss of, or damage to, the piece as it is on display. The Library will not be responsible for reimbursement or replacement of lost, stolen or damaged materials.
Mabee Library Art Exhibit Release Form
In consideration of having my artwork displayed in the Mabee Library Art Exhibit, I, ___________________________ (printed name), hereby release Washburn University, its officers, agents and employees from and against any and all claims, loss, damage or theft of my artwork(s) on display at Mabee Library. I have read and understand the Mabee Library Art Exhibit Policy and agree to abide by the terms stated within.
Name of Exhibit(s) and Date(s):
Signature of Artist
Please sign and send form to:
Lori Rognlie , Facilities Committee
Mabee Library, Room 201
1700 SW College Ave.
Topeka, KS 66621