Arriving at WU / Orientation
There is a required New International Student Orientation Week for new F-1 students and J-1 exchange visitors a week before the beginning of the Fall and Spring semesters. The purpose of this orientation week is to help new international students and exchange visitors adjust more easily to life at Washburn and in the US.
During New International Student Orientation Week, many important subjects will be covered, such as:
- English proficiency testing for students who have not taken the iBT TOEFL/IELTS test
- Important Immigration rules/regulations and university policies
- Health and safety in the U.S.
- American culture/customs
- How to use the Topeka Metro (bus system)
- How to find your way around the Washburn campus
- Learning about student resources available on campus
- Building relationships with other new international students
- Connecting with other current WU international students and domestic students
- Connecting with the Topeka community
New international students enjoying the Fall 2013 Orientation Week.