Passport to Success
The Passport for Success is an advising program designed to ensure academic success for freshman in their first few semesters at Washburn University. Students in the program will be assigned an academic advisor whom they will meet with periodically throughout their first semester or two at the university.
- Attend three advising sessions that will include academic assessment, program and degree planning.
- Enroll in no more than 12 semester credit hours during their first year. (Exceptions will be made upon approval by the advisor).
- Enroll in WU 101 Washburn Experience – Student Success, Freshman Seminar - Course.
- Participate in study skills, career planning, test taking and other seminars offered by the Office of Academic Advising/Academic Success Center.
- Receive referrals such as tutoring as needed
Students will be contacted by their assigned advisor at the beginning of each term. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.