Frequently Asked Questions
Where do I get reimbursement forms for the ASI Flex Plan year that ended October 31, 2014 ?
- Reimbursement Claim Forms may be obtained in the Human Resources Department. Completed forms should be sent with proof of expense to: ASI Flex, PO BOX 6044, Columbia, MO 65205-6044. For information call the Customer Service Center at 1-800-659-3035. Fax: 1-877-879-9038.
How do I find out about my ASI Flex account balance?
- You may access your account information 24-hours a day through their website at www.asiflex.com
How long do I have to turn in my receipts for reimbursement on my Flex Plan?
- Reimbursable services must be rendered during the plan year, and receipts must be submitted within 90 days of the end of the plan year. The plan year ends October 31. There is an open enrollment during the month of October each year for the new plan year beginning November 1.
Can I use my canceled checks or receipts from my day care provider as proof of expense for reimbursement?
- Based on IRS requirements, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account claims must be substantiated with two items:
- a written statement from a third party providing that the dependent care expenses have been incurred, the amount of the expense, and the name of the child the services relate to; and
- a written statement from the participant providing that the dependent care expenses have not been reimbursed or are not reimbursable from any other coverage plus the tax identification number (or Social Security Number) of the provider. (The completed claim form satisfies this requirement).
What are the deadlines for Educational Assistance?
- Completed application forms are due in the Human Resources Department no later than July 1 for Fall Semester; December 1 for Spring Semester; and April 15 for Summer Sessions.
Do dependent children of employees who wish to attend Washburn University receive any kind of tuition assistance?
- University faculty or staff wishing to apply for the Tuition Waiver for Dependent Children of Employees may complete the form on-line at Financial Aid Forms, or contact the Financial Aid Office at ext. 1151. There is a 50% tuition waiver for dependent children of full-time employees; a 25% tuition waiver for dependent children of employees who are at least half-time but not full-time. The waiver applies to undergraduate classes only.
How do I fill a vacancy in my department?
- As soon as you are aware that you will have an administrative or classified opening in your department, notify the Human Resources Department by completing a Termination/Request for Recruitment form.
- Once Human Resources receives the Termination/Request for Recruitment form, a payroll termination document is prepared to remove the exiting employee from the University payroll. The form also gives you the option to initiate a recruitment for the position, and Human Resources will contact you to finalize the details of the recruitment.
- When you have concluded interviews for your position, you should call the Director of Human Resources to discuss salary options; once verbal approval is given to offer the position, and the position is accepted contingent upon approval by the Vice President for Administration, an Appointment Recommendation form should be completed and sent to Human Resources. This will initiate an employment contract for the successful candidate; other applicants will be notified of their non-selection.
How do I find out about jobs on campus?
- Administrative and Classified vacancies are advertised in the Sunday edition of the Topeka Capital Journal and are posted on special bulletin boards outside the Human Resources Department and in most of the buildings on campus. You can also check Vacancies on the Human Resources web page. For information on faculty positions, contact the office of the Vice President for Academic Affairs.
When can I make changes in my health insurance?
- Unless there is a qualifying event, changes in health insurance plans may only be made during an open enrollment period. Open enrollments are normally held during September of each year. For more information, contact Human Resources, 670-1538
When can I change the amount of money I am contributing to my retirement plan?
- Your election of retirement contributions may be changed no more than four times each year. For information and election forms contact Human Resources.
How do I change how my premiums are allocated among the different retirement investment options?
- This can be done at any time by contacting TIAA-CREF directly.