College of Arts & Sciences
1700 SW College Ave
- Degrees & Certifications
- University of Oklahoma, Bachelor of Science
- University of Oklahoma, Master of Education
- University of Oklahoma, Doctor of Philosophy
- Academic History
Washburn University, Associate Professor, Assistant Professor, English Education, 2008 - present.
Moore Public Schools, Moore, OK, Director of K-12 English language arts/Curriculum, 2004-2008.
Norman High School, Norman, OK, High School English teacher, 2000-2003.
Las Animas High School, Las Animas,CO, High School English teacher,1998-2000.
- ED 362 A, Meth Of Tchng Eng In Sec Sch
- EN 300 B, Advanced Composition
- EN 320 A, Lit for Young Adults
- EN 385 A, Dir Reading/Writing/Resrch
- EN 585 GA, Directed Read/Write/Research
- Scholarly Interests/Activities
- Fictional research writing, the teaching of poetry, adolescent literacy, trends and issues in young adult literature, and the preparation of elementary and secondary writing teachers.
- Service Interests/Activities
Co-Chair of the NCTE-CEE Commission on the Teaching of Poetry
WU University Assessment Committee
New Student Orientation Committee
First-Year Experience Committee
Coordinator of Washburn's English Education program.
- Career Accomplishments
- In 2011, Wade was named one of the top five professors everyone should meet at Washburn. He also continues to research and present annually at the National Council of Teachers of English Annual Conference. In 2009, Wade's "The Power of Fiction: A Novel Approach to Presenting Research Findings" was published in the Journal of Thought.