Director, Respiratory Therapy Program and Instructor: July 2011 to Present: Washburn University, Topeka, KS
Director of Clinical Education, Respiratory Therapy Program/Instructor: July 2005 to July 2011: Washburn University, Topeka, KS
Multimedia Director / Multimedia Curriculum Design Specialist: August 1997 to June 2005: Kansas State University/Kansas Regents Educational Communications Center, Manhattan, KS
Director of Clinical Education, Respiratory Therapy Program/Instructor: August 1987 to July 1997: Washburn University, Topeka, KS
Techniques for Improving Student Learning, International Respiratory Congress, Orlando, Florida, December of 2007. Provided an overview of learning activities and demonstrated how these learning activities could be implemented for distance education classes. Discussed ways in which faculty can develop teaching aids for online education.
Techniques for Improving Student Evaluation, International Respiratory Congress, Orlando, Florida, December of 2007. Discussed the importance of student self-evaluation and the use of simulations in the education process. Demonstrated the use of video in student evaluation. Introduced and demonstrated my implementation of an online inter-rater reliability system which is used to evaluate the clinical preceptor’s evaluation reliability.
“No Teacher Left Behind: A Mediated Approach to Professional Development for Classroom Teachers”. 95th Annual NREA (National Rural Education Association) Conference, Kearney, NB, October 12-13, 2003
"Boundaryless" Technology Applications: Professional Development for Classroom Teachers. National Educational Computing Conference (NECC), 24th Annual Conference, Seattle, WA, June 29-July 2, 2003.
Vertical Integration of Technology for Instructional Improvement. Society for Information Technology and Teacher Education (SITE), 12th International Conference, Orlando, FL, March 5-10, 2001.
myWashburn Portal Committee, Member, 2011-Present
University Technology Strategic Planning Committee, Member, Fall 2010-Present
Faculty IT Advisory Council, Member, 2008-Present
Technology Steering Committee (Presidential Advisory Committee), Member, 2008-Present
• American Association for Respiratory Care (AARC) - Member since 1984
• Kansas Respiratory Care Society (KRCS) Member since 1984
• Served on KRCS Board of Directors - 2008 - 2012
• Technical and content reviewer for Mosby Publishing; CPG Mentor: Patient Cases in Respiratory Care, 1997.
• Developed a model for the distance delivery of courses at Kansas State University.
• Led the development of basic nutrition course (HN 132) and produced the “first ever” totally multi-mediated course design at Kansas State University. This was recognized at the IT Awards program with the Meritorious Achievement Award
• Presented, instructed, and provided educational technology, curriculum and technical support for numerous week-long professional development workshops that focused on using and integrating technology in teaching. The attendees were both K-12 and higher education faculty from across the State of Kansas.
SAS Technology Committee