Washburn University State and Local
COURSES: PO 307/PO 309/HN 202 WTE ELIGIBLE!
Some internships paid ($1000-$3000); legislative internships
include travel reimbursement (up to $600)
CLASSES THAT PUT YOU UNDER THE CAPITOL DOME
- No pre-requisites and all majors welcome
- Be matched with a State Senator or House Member for the legislative session, January-April
-Rather than meet for class at assigned time, you will work out your schedule with your legislator.
3 types of internships possible:
- PO 309/HN 202 – Kansas Legislative Experience: Intern 12 days or 96 hours in legislature; Travel reimbursement up to $600
Be matched or request a legislator
- PO 307 – Clyde Hill Leadership Intern
Intern on regular schedule (15-20 hrs week) in offices of Republican or Democratic House or Senate Leadership
Pay: $1000 to $3000 (depending on office)
- PO 307/HN 202 – Topeka Mayor’s Office Intern on regular schedule (15-20 hrs week) in office of Topeka Mayor
Pay: $1500-$2000 depending on hours
Questions? Frequently Asked Questions about the internships.
APPLYING: Select .DOC printable application
Send completed application to Dr. Bob Beatty at firstname.lastname@example.org OR pick up application forms in Political Science office (Henderson 215) or call 670-1737 for more info.
DEADLINE: Applications due back to Dr. Beatty or Political Science office by the second Friday in October.