Sharing Your Passion for Chemistry

For chemistry majors who would like to teach, Washburn University offers a path to obtain your teaching license. In order to obtain a teaching license, you also must be formally admitted to the University's Professional Teacher Education Program. For admission requirements, consult Education in the University course catalog. Note: The state of Kansas sets requirements for Secondary Education Licensure and they may be subject to change.

Bachelor of Arts in Chemistry Secondary Education Specialization

Bachelor of Science in Chemistry Secondary Education Specialization (with Biology Minor)

Bachelor of Science in Chemistry Secondary Education Specialization (with Math Minor)

For a complete description of the individual classes, go to the course catalog at:

Academic Catalog

(Note, this link opens a pdf file of the entire undergraduate catalog in a new window.  When it opens, if you click on the ribbon icon in the upper right corner, it will open a page index.  If you click on any of the arrows, it will open a sub-menu for that section.  If you click on College of Arts and Sciences, you can then scroll down to the Mass Media Department and click on that link to open the course listing for Mass Media.)

GET IN TOUCH WITH Department of Chemistry

Department of Chemistry
Stoffer Science Hall, Room 312
1700 SW College Ave
Topeka, KS 66621

Phone & Email
Phone: 785-670-2270

back to top button